Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Blog!


It was one year ago today that I posted my first blog, October 25, 2007, and thus Preacher Prater was born. Over the past year there have been over 3300 hits in our first year and I look forward to many more. Now as I look back on one full year of blogging one thing comes to my mind, "I can't believe I've stuck with this thing for a whole year."

As I spent some time this week looking back over a year's worth of posts, I had mixed emotions. Some posts I read I thought, "Wow, that was harsh. Did I really say that?" and others I thought, "What was I thinking when I wrote that?" All in all, I've loved sharing my thoughts. My goal when I started this blog was to post my thoughts about God, Christ, the church and the Christian life. I have changed some over the course of the year and have just simply posted funny items, news stories, various fun pictures, sporting events news, videos, and political and social commentary.

At the bottom of my blog there is an item called a site meter that tells me of all the people who visit everyday. Some from all over the world. I think that is so cool. While some choose to leave comments, many still don't - and that's okay. But if I had one "blog birthday wish" today it would be for all those who stop by to leave me a comment telling me who you are and where you're from. If you're uncomfortable leaving a name, you can just leave me your initials. I'd love to know where you are from.

I don't know how long I'll keep on blogging, but I have to admit that the first year has been a lot of fun. My prayer is that this blog has been as much of a blessing in your life as it has been mine. Thanks for being my friend. :)

How can you help celebrate my blog’s first birthday?
Submit a Bible question or something you’d like for me to blog about.
Read some of my archived posts.
Email one of my posts to a friend
Tell some of your friends about this blog site.
Provide a link to my blog on your website or MySpace or Facebook site.
Leave a comment on this post.
Pray and ask God to help us reach more people with the message of the Holy Scriptures.

God bless you all
Robert

No comments: