Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)"

I remember exactly what I was doing on that Tuesday, September morning. I still vividly remember my wife calling my at my church office in Cleveland, OK and telling me I needed to turn on the TV—New York city was being attacked---two planes crashed the World Trade Center – it’s bad! And then like everyone else it seemed all we did for the next few days was watching the news. There are really few events that a happen in a person’s life that they can recall knowing exactly where they were when they heard the news. 9/11 is truly one of them.

And so as our nation prepares to commemorate the seventh anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks later this week, we should all pause to be grateful that our nation has not suffered further attacks since that dreadful day. We should also pray for the families who continue to endure the pain of that day and for those who work to keep our nation safe at home and abroad.

May we never forget!

Warning: This video is a little graphic

God bless,
Robert

No comments: